I did a double take when I saw that Riddhi @Whispering Stories nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’m blushing behind my screen. Thank you so much, Riddhi! ❤
What Is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love reading and writing. Creating a bookish blog scratches both of those itches. I get to
unleash my terrible jokes and punshone my writing skills while reading wonderful stories. And today is actually the one-month anniversary for my blog! Everyone can help themselves to some virtual cake while I answer the rest of the questions:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting a friendly community that shares the same interests as you! Squawking to your echo just doesn’t compare.
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
I dislike the technical aspects of blogging, such as formatting posts.
- What are your hobbies besides blogging?
I love to read and write – did I mention that already?! I hope to publish some children’s books as well as a couple of ideas I have brewing for adults. I also walk, play video games, and make digital art, but I’ve limited my time spent on the latter two activities so I can focus on my writing.
- What would the title of your biography/biopic be?
Did I Do That?
- Some advice for people who have just started blogging?
Well, I just started blogging so I still have a lot to learn. My humble advice: Just be true to your voice! You’ll be more happy with yourself that way, and your audience will appreciate your authenticity as well!
- Describe yourself in seven words? (Cause it’s the seventh question)
mother, writer, survivor, imaginative, crafter, sleepy, hungry
- Dogs or Cats?
I love both! Yet unfortunately, I’m allergic to cats and my son is allergic to dogs, so I vote unicorns. How’s that for a plot twist? Muahaha.
- A TV show you can binge-watch forever?
I actually haven’t watched any shows in a while. About a year ago I binge-watched Legend of Korra.
- A song you relate to? / A song you will never get tired of listening?
As of late, great atmospheric music like Ruelle’s songs are taking their turns dancing around inside of my head.
- Who is your favorite author? I don’t think I’ve found my favorite author yet. The one author who has definitely impacted my life, however, is J.K. Rowling. The sparks of magic in her tales ignited my own passion for writing. I first joined the fanfiction scene and began writing poems and drabbles featuring her characters. Now I’m taking another step and creating my own characters and worlds.
Thanks for writing these questions, Riddhi! I had a blast answering them.
Tag! You’re it!:
- Becky @Becky’s Book Blog
- Alexandra @Reading By Starlight
- Joanna @The Geekish Brunette
- Krista @Confessions of a YA Reader
- Cherelle @Cherelle The Bibliophile
- Arkham Reviews @Arkham Reviews
- Witty and Sarcastic Bookclub @Witty and Sarcastic Bookclub
- Julia @Owls Reads
- Octavia @Mermaid Reads
- Sofii @A Book. A Thought.
- Rowena @Beneath A Thousand Skies
I’m sorry if I tagged someone already nominated! These blogs always make me smile whenever I see a new post. There’s many more bloggers, of course, but I could only choose 11!
- What’s your favorite type of blog post to write?
- What’s your favorite type of blog post to read?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- Do you have a favorite genre(s)?
- Have you ever re-read a book? If so, which one?
- How do you remain motivated to blog?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite place?
- Have you watched a film or show adaptation of a book? If so, what did you think of it?
- How do you go about looking for new stories to read?
- If you could choose and fictional story to live in, what would you choose?
Many thanks to everyone for reading my post! I love learning about all of you fantastic bloggers. 🙂