I’m taking a break from my book reviews to catch up on a couple of tags. Many thanks to Tess @Unbound Library for nominating me for the Outstanding Blogger Award. Tess has some great book reviews, bookish content, and likes to writes poetry, so I visit her blog often!
- Link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger(s) that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
In which way have books/reading had an impact in your life?
Books help me escape the daily grind so I can return back to the real world feeling invigorated. A good story I can relate to also reminds me that I am not alone in my thoughts or experiences.
Above all, books inspire me. Writing and reading help people all around the world connect with each other. Our imaginations can evoke hope and encourage us to work together to make a better reality for us all. Perhaps one day I can write a story close to my own heart to let people know that I’ve “been there” too. We’re all in this together.
What’s your favorite fruit?
I love eating cantaloupe. I also love anything apple or strawberry flavored!
A dream you remember vividly
I don’t remember dreams like I used to. Usually I forget most details by the time I’m up and moving. Once when I was little though I dreamt about having a pet unicorn that I rode through the clouds and fought baddies with. It was so awesome I woke up crying inside when I realized it wasn’t real! Don’t judge me. 😅
Your favorite fictional character(s)
I love so many characters, my favorite could change by the minute! The current “character of the minute” is Asha from The Licanius Trilogy. Such a strong and resolute female character that inspired me more and more with each installment!
Five questions you’d ask your favorite author(s), cause it’s number 5.
If I ever decide who my favorite author is, I’d ask them the following:
1. What inspired you to write?
2. What do you hope readers will take away from your book?
3. What did you learn from the writing process?
4. What’s your favorite part/line from your story?
5. How are you still even standing after finishing a whole book(s)???
Top 3 books on your TBR
Hmm…3 out of a 1000 books. 🙃 OK then, here we go: King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo, The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow, The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern.
What’s your favorite subject and your least favorite subjects? (If you don’t mind tell us why you like/dislike them)
I loved my history and world religion classes back when I was getting my bachelor’s degree in English. Anything about the events and ideologies that shape our world will never cease to fascinate me. My least favorite subject was math. I did well but my brain struggles with the sciences more.
These questions were awesome, Tess! Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to have a go at them. 🙂
Tag! You’re it!:
- Joanna @The Geekish Brunette
- Tiction @Fictionally Crazy
- Georgia @Lost in Neverland
- Julie @One Book More
I’m so sorry I didn’t reach the tag count, but everyone else I want to tag has already been nominated recently by somebody else! For those of you I follow who have already posted for this award, I just want to reiterate that your blogs are a joy to read!
- Do you have a fictional character that inspires you? If so, tell us a little about them, please.
- What’s your favorite animal?
- Have you ever bought merchandise related to a book or show?
- Would you dress up as a fictional character? If so, which one?
- What kind of story is your favorite to read?
- What part of your day do you enjoy the most?
- What’s your favorite food?
Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely day, everyone! 💐